Monday, April 2, 2012

Walk Like a Man

Lately, I have been finding it harder and harder to both make time and get the motivation to walk.  It is so much easier these days to go 2 miles than it was two months ago.  There is much less knotting up of my back muscles and I don't get as winded so easily.  Then why can't I make time, instead of excuses?  There is still some residual exercise devil on my shoulder, I suppose.  He wants me to shy away from success and get back to my old sedentary ways.

If you are a regular reader and you pay close attention, you would have perhaps noticed that after I set a goal for myself of 8+ miles and did 10+ miles, I didn't set a goal for the following week.  That was the food addiction in play, setting the stage for me to justify less walking that week and do so without the appearance of failure.  Tricky that addition is, huh?  Well this coming week I plan on going 11 miles from Tuesday to Monday.  I need to find a way to get myself out and take advantage of the milder temperatures.

To that end, I will be establishing a walking group.  A number of you have expressed interest in walking with me, so, in the upcoming weeks (after Easter, that is.), we will likely be walking on Saturdays and/or Sundays.  The place I have chosen is Giralda Farms in Madison, NJ.  They have a nice track that goes around this quiet area, there is parking and it would be a decent central meeting place.   Come as often or as little as you like.  I plan on being there regardless.  The exact times and days will be announced.  Look for more info in the WIMHW post on 4/11.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:

Breakfast ~ 1 egg and sliced tomato on a multi-grain sandwich round

Lunch ~ A big salad with sliced broiled chicken breast, sprouts, toasted pecans , mango and my homemade Connie's Favorite Dressing (see recipe, 3/22)

Dinner ~ TBD.  Off to celebrate my dear friend A's birthday tonight.  A fixed menu will challenge my will power and resolve.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment