Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's In My Head Wednesday 04.25.12

Hi there and thanks for coming by on this WIMHW.  Things that are on my mind are jotted down here for all to see and/or comment on. (Yes. I just ended a sentence with a preposition.  Ask me if I care.)

Facebook Dieters

I see so many people on Facebook talk about how they are trying to lose weight and eat healthier.  All too often, I also see them discussing their obsession for sweets, alcohol intake or huge fattening meals they have either cooked or eaten out.  This paradoxical behavior makes me wonder why they would publicly declare their desire for a healthier lifestyle, yet contradict that declaration in the same pubic forum.  I have to remind myself that I have been there.  Most of my life, in fact.  I totally empathize with this dichotomy.  I also have to hold back making comments that will remind them of their goals, but might also embarrass them.  It's a hard thing for me to hold my tongue, or fingers as it were, but somehow I do.  We all have to come to our own turning point, in our own time.  I wish that mine hadn't taken 48 years.  I know first hand that it is seldom, if ever, that someone can help you get to that pivotal breakthrough moment.  It has to come from within.

Breathing Easy

I have written before about my sleep apnea.  Sleep apnea is a very dangerous condition and should never be taken lightly.  This means that a person who suffers from sleep apnea must use a machine that helps them continue to breathe throughout the night.  If they stop breathing, they wake up.  In my case, that was literally hundreds of time per night.  Now, that am about 40 lbs. lighter, I haven't been needing my machine.  I haven't been snoring and I have been waking up refreshed and energized.  If you, or someone you know, has been a victim of this condition, you might be able to imagine how liberating this is.  I now am free of any chronic medical conditions, other than my diminishing obesity or course.  I am setting myself up to lead a much longer life. 

Cya tomorrow for Food Thursday,
M


What I ate today and how I exercised:

Breakfast ~ Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal w/unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Lunch ~ Turkey chili with whole grain pasta

Snack ~ Beef Jerky

Dinner ~ 2 chicken apple sausages over braised fennel w/apples, onions and craisins, was only around 325 calories (Pictured here)

Exercise ~ None today

No comments:

Post a Comment