Monday, April 9, 2012

Weigh-In Eve

In case you didn't check in on Sunday, I forgot to bring my scale with me to Maryland and since I only weigh myself in the morning, after my bathroom rituals, I will be doing my weekly weigh-in on Tuesday.  Frankly, this week I will be happy to break even.  No, I wasn't bad last week.  I did take in more calories than usual, but nothing too extreme.  I did walk a lot more and that is the paradox.

The weeks where I have walked more, I have lost the least.  I am sure I didn't build muscle mass to the point where it would make an impact in those periods.  This past week I set a goal to walk more and go at least 11 miles.  I am happy to report that I did walk a total of 11.03 miles this week.  I didn't want to do it.  For the most part, I didn't like doing it.  BUT, I did it.  The question is, how did it affect my progress?   I am not saying there is causation or correlation here.  It is merely an interesting observation.  Well, to me at least

Come back tomorrow to see if I did actually drop anything this week.  If my one scotch and one wine will make me pay.  If my healthier version of Easter yielded no pat on the back to my weight loss psyche.  Tune in tomorrow to... As the Scale Turns.

Cya then,
M

What I ate and how I exercised today:

Breakfast ~ Grape Nuts cereal w/1 banana and unsweetened almond milk

Mid-morning snack on the road ~ Fresh fruit salad

Lunch ~ 1 grilled chicken breast and 1 grilled wing

Dinner ~ 1 Boca Burger on a multi-grain sandwich round

Exercise ~ 2.25 miles at the mall

No comments:

Post a Comment