Monday, April 30, 2012

Weigh-in Week 12

Hello, peoples!  It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  Spring in springing and the temps are returning to the moderate springtime 60s we expect.  Well, we crept into the 60s, at least.  Fine weather for walking, yard work or any other activity I didn't partake in today.  I did walk however.  For some strange reason, I did so at the mall.

My walk was going fine today.  I planned to do a quick mile, before heading home for the night.  About half way through, I noticed a now distantly familiar sensation.  My hands started to feel slightly swollen, I started sweating profusely and I had a tingly feeling all over.  No.  It wasn't a heart attack.  It's been months since I've experiences this, but my old friend, dumping syndrome, seemed to revisit me.  In case you missed the post where I spoke of it, it is a side effect of my surgery.  A drop in blood sugar, due to the dumping of insulin into your system.  This is usually brought on by too many carbs.  My lunch was a brown fried rice dish, which wasn't likely the culprit.  My guess is that the highly skilled folk at Starbucks, missed the 'skinny' part of my skinny latte order this afternoon.  Thanks a million, you pierced, greasy haired, slack jawed P.O.S.!  You couldn't done far worse damage if you had served that to a full blown diabetic.  To remedy my situation, I got myself some apple juice at the mall's coffee kiosk (No.  Not another Starbucks.  They are on my S-list.).  I drank half, because I didn't want the extra calories from a whole bottle's worth.  By the time I got to my car and some napkins to swap my now sweat soaked head, all was okay.

On to the business at hand.  You came here to see how much I lost this week, right?  Well, the picture here shows that I am now down to 321.6 lbs.  That's a weekly loss of 2.4 lbs. and a total 12 week drop of 41.8 lbs.  Doesn't suck, huh? 

Last week I quipped that my body fat was down a 'staggering' 0.1%.  That was indeed said tongue-in-cheek, but today I was astounded when I saw 0.5% gone.  Body fat % is now at 61.7%.  I must say, I am impressed with that kind of progress in a week.  As this is only my third time checking body fat %, I have no basis for this wonderment, but let me bask in my ignorance for a while.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:

Breakfast ~ Multi Grain Cheerios w/fresh strawberries, banana and unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Lunch ~ A moo shu basil roll and vegan 'pork' fried brown rice

Mid -afternoon ~ Grande supposedly skinny latte

Dinner ~ Broiled chicken breast over braised kale and cannellini beans.  Tasty!

Exercise ~ .75 miles at the mall

No comments:

Post a Comment