Monday, April 2, 2012

Weigh-in #8

Closing in on 2 months already.  Where does the time go?  Where do the pounds go?  Really?  Kind of like, where does the wear from tires go?  You don't see tire dust on the side of the road.  You'd expect it to be piled up everywhere.  So where do the pounds go?  Off to some other person growing fatter, I suppose or to a parallel universe where the orphaned socks live.

T'was a good week I reckon.  I stayed on target, although, I hardly exercised.  I managed to behave myself at a party and kind of enjoyed my first sip of wine in ages.  Until I got totally ill that is.  If you don't read everyday, then you'll have to backtrack to figure out the kind of weekend I had.  On a positive note, my clothes are definitely loser, my wedding ring and watch have more play at the end of my left arm and the seat belt is certainly more comfortable.  I am rolling back the clock in the weight department.  If only my new lifestyle naturally returned my hair to its original brown.  Oh, well.  One thing at a time.

Today I half expected the scale to be an adversary, quite frankly.  Tabitha was all excited for me to weigh in this morning and I told her I didn't feel any lighter.  Like I can feel less gravitational pull or something.  But I stepped up, camera ready to record the results for all to see...and that result is to the right.  327 even.  That is a weekly loss of 4.2 lbs and an overall 8 week total of 36.4 lbs.  That doesn't suck, as they say...especially since I really don't feel deprived at all.  Why?  Because I ain't on no stinkin' diet!  That's why.  Just living the healthy life I should have chosen a long time ago.

Thanks for coming along for the ride, so far.  It's only going to get better.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:

Breakfast ~ Left over filet mignon with pan seared sliced tomato and 1 over easy egg.  Living like a King, baby!  A nice treat that if you look at the numbers, wasn't too bad.

Lunch ~ 1 roasted chicken breast and some chick pea Indian thing, the name of which I forget

Dinner ~ If you ever wandered into the more hippy section of the frozen food aisle, you might have noticed Amy's Bowls.  Brown rice and assorted healthy stuff.  I made my own bowl tonight, with eggplant, tomatoes, basil, cannellini beans, onion, garlic and brown rice.  Filling, tasty, high in fiber and low in fat.  By the way, I used other stuff too.  I just listed the main players, so don't throw these things into a pan and expect to like it.  If you really want the recipe, email me.  I don't expect many requests, lol.

Exercise ~ Last day of slothdom.  Back at it tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Mike first off great job and keep going. I think the daily chronicles you have written are brilliant. It's like reading a Dave Barry book. The way you have been telling your story would make a great book. Your light hearted humor and analagies are a great way to take us through your journey to your goal. You are very humble and honest and inspiring to anyone who has weight issues. I am proud to have you as a friend.

    VK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Such a compliment, VK. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mike,
    If my calculations are correct, you've dropped 10% which is an awesome milestone in and of itself. Congrats!!!
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correct you are, Rick! As of this weigh-in, TDT195 project has taken 10% off of me. I feel like I have been couponed!

    ReplyDelete