Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Eying 50

No.  Not 50 years old.  Minus 50 lbs., that is.  After this week's weigh-in, I got really jazzed about being at the 40 lb. mark.  Okay, it's like that putt you missed by one inch and your brother says "Take it.  It's a gimme."  So I am celebrating my 39.6 lb. loss, thus far, as 40.  My gimme.  Close enough, right?

 
40 made me think of how I just can't wait to be able to pat myself on the back and proclaim that my new lifestyle yielded a 50 lb. loss.  How cool is that?  I am hoping by Memorial Day weekend, I can say just that.  It will be then that I unveil some 'before' and 'after' photos.  I have been checking and I don't seem have much in the way of  'before'.  I'll dig something up.  Hell, Facebook is so replete with people tagging you in pictures, I may just find one of myself scratching my ass at the Quick Chek, for all I know.  As for the Memorial Day timeline, understand something, it is just an arbitrary 'soft' target.  I do not put time constraints on my weight loss (Aside, from my ultimate target of 195.)... and neither should you.  That is how we set ourselves up for failure.  Don't constrain your lifestyle with what you think your body will or should do.  You are bound to be disappointed at some point in time and disappointment leads to relapse.  Just do the right thing, be honest with yourself about your efforts and everything should take care of itself.


My short term goal is now hitting that 50 target.  I think at that point I might buy myself some interim clothes.  I was walking downstairs on Sunday to bring down the recycling and my wife heard me cackling up a storm.  Tab asked what it was that was so funny.  I told her to come take a look.  There I stood at the bottom of the steps with a bucket of empty cans and bottles and my pants around my ankles.  They had just fallen right off.  Most of my casual slacks aren't in good enough shape to even take in, so I'll be investing in some inexpensive garments to get me through to the next phase.  Hopefully, that next phase is buying off the rack at Walmart, Target or any store that doesn't have the words "Big & Tall" on the sign.  It may not be high style, but it will be a huge symbol of success and one in the win column for me.


Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:


Breakfast ~ I know this may not be your idea of breakfast, but I wanted a hot meal.  That meant the last leftover chicken enchilada.  Look for the recipe on Thursday.

Mid-morning ~ Decaf w/fat-free 1/2 & 1/2


Lunch ~ Tiny clams in marinara sauce and a chicken Caesar salad.  I did have 2 small slices of bread to get some of that garlicky sauce.

Mid-afternoon ~ Grande Vanilla Skinny Latte

Dinner ~ Boca Burger with avocado and low fat chipotle mayo on a sprouted grain English Muffin

Exercise ~ Yard work, mowing, raking and seeding the backyard



1 comment: