Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Be The Ball

Last night I was channel surfing and came across the O.W.N. Network's, Oprah's Life Class, featuring Tony Robbins.  Yeah, I know.  Okay.  I admit it.  My feminine side watches the Oprah here and there.  The newer, more introspective me is interested in these self-improvement shows.  If I get nothing else out of it, it's fodder for my musings on this page.  But this one really got me thinking.  I won't parrot everything Mr. Robbins had to say in this two hour pep rally.  You can catch it in reruns, I am sure.  What I want to discuss is, what do I expect when my goal is actualized?

I need to figure out for myself, very specific reasons for my making this journey.  It would seem, although I am very resolute in my conviction to be healthier, the cart is a tad in front of the horse.  I have to have a quite clear vision of what my life will be like.  Otherwise, what am I aiming for?  It's a technique that has been used by athletes, captains of industry and successful people of all types, for years.  See it and be it. 

I certainly won't share all that that I envision.  Some of it is way more personal that the very intimate information I have already spoken of in this blog.  I did, however, want to ask each of you to do the same.  What do you want your life to be like, if you can overcome whatever makes you unhappy in your current situation.  Is it work, your finances, your relationships, both romantic or familial?  Do you want better health or more of a social life?  Envision yourself as that person at the end of the journey, moving onto the next chapter as You.2.  I often refer to Mike.2 here.  Now it's time for you to put the focus on yourself.  What will You.2 look like, act like and do with the unencumbered self you've created.

At the end of the Oprah and Tony love-a-thon, Tony offers up one free month of his audio presentations.  Is it a teaser to get you to buy more of his wisdom?  Absolutely.  But there is no obligation, no credit card required and after listening to almost 2 hours of it in the car today, it makes total sense.  You will get something out of the free stuff if you seriously listen to it and be honest with yourself about what could be better in your life.

I am going to be giving some time each day for even more specific introspection than I use for the blog's purposes.  What do I really want from all of this?  There is a specific goal, of course.  195 by January, 2014.  That is just a number.  What will Mike do, look like, feel like and act like at 195?  I will visualize exactly that and and create means to achieve it.  An even more detailed road map to the destination, as it were.  This is not new agey stuff, like passing the 'feelings stick' and beating a drum, naked by a campfire that symbolizes your burning your past.  Please don't visualize me doing that.  I think I just threw up in my mouth a little, with that mental picture.  He speaks common sense.  Just plain truths.  Check it out at www.tonyrobbins.com/oprah

Here is what I ate today and how I exercised:

Breakfast ~ Kashi Black Currant and Walnut cereal w/unsweetened almond milk

Lunch ~ Client lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  They have this snappy menu of "Skinnylicious" entrees.  They are all under 590 calories, which is a tad much for me, but it was huge!  I opted for the Tuscan Chicken.  A doormat's size worth of grilled chicken breast with tomatoes, capers, and artichokes, over faro (look it up).  Most excellent!

Dinner ~ I transformed the leftover lunch into a meal adding kamut (once again, look it up) rotini and more tomatoes, artichokes and seasonings.  Most excellent!²

Exercise ~ 1 mile of mall walking after lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment