Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dream Bigger

I came to realize something today.  When we are children we dream HUGE.  "I want to be the President!"  "I want to be an astronaut!"  "I want to be a rock star!"  Then, as we get into our teens, many of us get slightly more "realistic".  I put "realistic" in quotes because, so-called sensibilities and adult influences creep in and dampen our spirit.  We downscale our dreams.  So we choose a future vocation and many of us are off to college or jobs that are far from what most of us would consider dreamlike.  We dream even smaller.

I, too, have been caught in the "growing up" process.  I have tended to dream smaller over the years.  As my weight has affected my self-esteem (Or was it the other way around?), I've settled for what I thought was attainable from the present situation, instead of trying to change the status quo and get the most out of life.  I have said before that I feel I am an exceptional individual with special talents.  Why shouldn't I expect more for myself.  For that matter, why shouldn't you?

I have spent quite a bit of time over the last 11 weeks visualizing what the future would hold for me.  Seeing it in my mind's eye and striving for it.  But today something crystallized for me during my walk.  I may have been seeing how Mike.2 will look and some of the things I might do with my new body, but sights have been set with the old Mike's sensibilities.  I'm changing and so are the ground rules.  So from now on, I have a new philosophy.  Dream bigger.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:

Breakfast ~ Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal w/unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Pre-walk snack ~ 1 banana

Lunch ~ An organic sliced chicken sandwich on sprouted grain bread w/low fat chipotle mayo.  So good!

Dinner ~ Tom Yum soup w/chicken and tons of fresh veggies

Exercise ~ TDT195 Walking Club walk of 2.75 miles

*This will likely be the last regular Saturday edition of The Drive To 195 for a while. You can still expect Sunday through Friday posts. Thanks to all who read, either regularly, or occasionally. You know it fuels me.

No comments:

Post a Comment