Sunday, April 15, 2012

A.L.O.E. 04.15.12

Greetings, travelmates.  Welcome to another A.L.O.E., where we discuss a mixed bag of topics.  Tiny morsels of info that have to do with all that is healthy.  What do I know about healthy?  Any person that has attempted (and failed) to lose weight as many times as I have, knows a thing or three about what 'healthy' is.  I just made bad choices along the way and gave in to the devil on my shoulder.  Those days are gone.  It's time to listen to the smart guy on the other shoulder and put what I've learned to good use.

Such a Tool!
I found a nifty tool today when looking for the health benefits of my breakfast.  The site is http://caloriecount.about.com .  There, you can not only find the nutritional value of just about any food, but also build meals and track your nutritional progress.  There are plenty of sites, like livestrong.com, that give you the nutrient lowdown, but knowing what you should be eating based on your sex, age and body makeup, is very cool.  Below is an analysis of what I ate today.  The overall pie chart is listed above.  Neat, huh?


Everybody is Kale Crazy

I've been writing a lot about kale lately. It would appear the Food Network is paying attention to me (yeah, right), because as I write this, Iron Chef is having 'Battle Kale'.

Weigh-in Looming Heavy

As I approach tomorrow's trip to the scale, the anxiety that was prevalent early on is creeping back in.  After last week's gain of 1.2 lbs., I am not looking forward to it.  Last week I weighed in on a Tuesday.  So this is a 6 day week.  Even less time to show some progress.  Well, at least I know from the charts above, with exceptions of two categories being sodium and calcium in the negative column, what I had today was a decent entry in the books.  Tune in tomorrow evening to find out what happens next.

Happy returns,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:

Breakfast ~ Fresh fruit salad w/ cantaloupe, mango, blueberries and banana

Lunch ~ I pigged out at lunch today.  I had 2 Boca burgers on a whole grain pita, with sauteed shiitakes, tomato, avocado and chipotle low fat mayo.

Dinner ~ Whole grain penne pasta w/Amy's Family Marinara sauce and 1/2 oz. of parmigiana cheese.

Exercise ~ I worked in the yard for about 2 hours today raking up dirt, seeding and mowing.  My arms hurt! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment