Sunday, August 26, 2012

A.L.O.E. 08.26.12

What a great weekend.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect.  There was time with both friends and family and some nice relaxing time after the long hours of hard work put in around the house.  Tomorrow I go back to work and the next two days are going to be hairy.  Monday I have appointments out the ying-yang and Tuesday I go from Westchester County, NY in the morning to Atlantic City for a business dinner.  I guess I'll have to make time for the gym on Wednesday.  Now it's time for A Little Of Everything.

More Clothes Gone
I made another stop to offload some clothes at the donation box today.  It's rather cathartic to drop those shirts and pants in the chute.  If nothing else, they could make a lovely cover for someone's Volkswagen Beetle.  I'm about at 50% new wardrobe these days.  I still need to fill out the shirt selection in my closet, but I am pretty well covered in the pants area.  The Wife tells me my shirts' shoulders hang down to mid-bicep.  Maybe I should bust out some of those eighties shoulder pads the women wore?

Here's Looking At You, Kid
I caught a glimpse of myself in a store window yesterday.  If you are an avid reader of these pages, you may recall that in the past I was reviled by what I saw.  This time, though, I stopped and took a better look, instead of pretending what I saw wasn't me.  I was still a big man, sure.  But I was able to look upon myself with an objective eye and see some normalcy.  I am definitely shrinking my midsection and the side view doesn't appear to me like something that would draw someone's eye in curiosity.  I guess it won't be long before I can have a picture taken without a high level of angst.

On the Money
In the kitchen, I never measure much of anything unless I am baking.  I also take the "suggested serving" size on any package with a grain of salt, as they are more designed to make the product look less fattening than provide a reasonable portion for anyone over the age of twelve.  That being said, I decided the other day to measure out how much cereal I was eating.  Because I also add fruit and nuts, I was curious if I was downing a lot more calories than I thought for the previous 28 weeks.  It's good to have checks and balances every so often.  I was happy to see that the portions of cereal I have been shoveling in most mornings was actually what the good folks at General Mills deem a serving size.  If you care, I generally take in around 400 calories in the morning.

Cya tomorrow for Weigh-in 29,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ 2 eggs scrambled and a few slices of leftover steak
Lunch ~ Leftover Dijon rosemary chicken and wholegrain pasta and four bean salad
Snack ~ 2 or 3 pretzels
Dinner ~ Grilled salmon, couscous and grilled veggies
Dessert ~ I indulged in a spoonful of leftover trifle from the party on Friday and had a decaf w/fat free 1/2 & 1/2
Exercise ~ I was a total couch potato today, except doing the grocery shopping.  In short: no exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment