Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Six Month Anniversary

Welcome to the TDT195 six-month anniversary factapalooza!  Today we celebrate 182 days of dietary sobriety on the road to wellness.  I'll bathe you in factoids and minutiae regarding both my weight loss and the blog itself.  Today, no funny or sad stories and nothing educational.  If you are like me, then you find this stuff interesting.  If not, then that's fine.  I am sure the personal nature of this writing gives it a few extra points on the fascination scale.

Weight Loss Related Tidbits

  • As of yesterday, the actual 6-month mark, I have lost a total of 65.2 lbs. or an average of 2.5 lbs. per week or 5.76 oz. per day.
  • At the current rate of weight-loss I will hit my goal of 195 lbs. by May 22, 2013.
  • If 1 lb. of fat  = 3500 calories (this is a universally accepted figure), then I have reduced my intake and burned through exercise 228,200 calories or 1,253.4 calories per day.
  • I no longer am in need of my CPAP machine to ward off sleep apnea.  In fact, I seldom even snore any more.  On the rare occasion I do, one warning from The Wife is enough to fix it.
  • My pants size on February 6 was 60 or 62 depending on the cut of the slack.  Today it is size 54.
  • My shirt size on the start date was 5X and is now 3X.


Blog Related Statistics

  • There have been 167 posts (not including this one) in 182 days.
  • It takes, on average, 1 hour and 45 minutes to research, write and edit each entry.  That is a total of 292.25 hours or the equivalent of working a full-time job for 7.3 weeks.
  • There have been 9,714 pageviews as of this writing from 10 countries or an average of 53.4 per day.
  • The most read entry is still "My Wife Tried to Kill Me On Oct. 10, 2008" followed by "Weigh-in: Week 4".  What makes week 4 so bloody interesting is beyond me.  It has surpassed "Size Matters" for the #2 slot.
  • There have been 25 recipes offered here and to the best of my knowledge, no one has died or even gotten ill as a result.
  • There have been 35 items added to my "Dream Bigger" bucket list, of which, one has been partially achieved by not needing a seat belt extension on flights to both Minneapolis and Boise.
  • There have been 168 comments left on these pages and I think that, perhaps, 40% of those were responses from this writer.  Thanks to all who have commented, complimented and encouraged.  It means the world to me.
  • There has only been one comment I deemed to be negative and I did not delete it, nor will I ever delete a comment unless it is lewd or downright mean.
  • 74% of readers are Windows users, 11% Mac and 8% read from their phone.  I find the phone readers stat the most humbling.  Thanks, all you dedicated smart-phone folks!
In the interest of brevity and not boring the bejeezus out of you, that's all I have for now.  Once again, I am beyond thankful for everyone's support during this undertaking.  I ask for one thing of you all.  I feel I am helping a small percentage of you out there by sharing my story and my methods.  I'd like to help even more people.  If you feel you know someone that could either benefit from or, perhaps, just plain enjoy reading this blog, please share it with them or maybe share the link on your Facebook page. 

Cya next time,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Generic Grape Nuts cereal w/fresh blueberries, bananas and almond milk
Lunch ~ Leftover whole wheat linguine in a light seafood broth
Mid-afternoon ~ Grande Iced Decaf Vanilla Skinny Latte and some glazed almonds
Dinner ~ 3 oz. of porcini crusted skirt steak, an arugula salad w/chipotle lime dressing and a slice of whole grain bread to sop up the goodness
Exercise ~ Session #3 of Crossfit training KICKED MY ASS.  I am going to feel it tomorrow I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment