Wednesday, August 22, 2012

W.I.M.H.W: 08.22.12

It's quiet and I am alone with my thoughts.  Pity to waste such a golden opportunity to dash off witticisms and insights as to the life of the Incredible Shrinking Man, but I'm sitting here looking at the puppies going "Quick.  Give me some blog material!"  Little buggers are all closed mouthed for a change.  Very well then.  Let's see what I can come up with on my own.

Another One Bites the Dust
What bit the dust?  An item from my Dream Bigger list bit the dust!  Yay me!  I rolled out to the local Walmart in search of a patio umbrella.  Here it is the middle of August and they tell me it's out of season.  But if you want a Halloween costume, it's in aisle #5.  Should I come back in two weeks for my Christmas decorations?  Being the good planet friendly bloke I am, I strolled over to the Men's section as to not waste the gas.  I managed to walk out with two very nice shirts ($18 each) and a 4-pack of underwear (dashing boxer briefs in gray and black for the curious).  Last week I also picked up a moisture wicking workout shirt.  So, there is now a check mark next to the line that says: "Buy clothes off the rack at stores like Target and Walmart."

Who Are You When I'm Not Lookin'?
The above is the title line from a decent song by Blake Shelton and it kind of applies to we closet eaters.  I used to be one and there are still pangs of it from time to time.  In the car mostly, but I would be MUCH more inclined to indulge anytime judgmental eyes weren't prying.  I saw a post on Facebook today that made me remember those days.  It said: "What you eat in private, you wear in public."  I wish I would have written that line, because it is so on the mark with my former life.  Much of the weight I've shed was put on in private moments when I thought no one could see.  Why doesn't that occur to you when you are ordering a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese (hold the ketchup and add Mac Sauce) and fries which will be there for the world to stare at, long after the greasy bag of garbage is stealthily disposed of.  Keep this in mind next time you want to 'treat' yourself saying, "Who'll know?"

Your Face Was Huge!
The Wife told me last night that she sees an amazing difference in my face.  She was zipping through some old photos on the PC and noticed how different I look now.  "I can actually see cheek bones now and your face is sooo much thinner.  I never really noticed it before, but your face was HUGE!"  It's nice to have a more normal face these days I suppose.  Anyone else might be hurt by the observation, but I know that a little less than four years ago, she married that huge-faced guy.  I wonder if she will notice how gray I've gotten, too.  Shhhhh...

Cya,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi Go Lean Crisp cereal w/toasted pecans, fresh blueberries, banana and almond milk
Lunch ~ Tuna salad on whole grain Italian bread
Snack ~ I polished off the last crumbs of tortilla chips from the poker night.  My best guess is they were around 120 calories worth of junk food.  Not good, but I won't lose sleep over it.
Dinner ~ Chickpea and Watercress soup with a small filet of pan seared tilapia
Exercise ~ I am going to try to get on the treadmill before bed.  I know, Yoda, there is no try, only do.

No comments:

Post a Comment