Wednesday, August 15, 2012

W.I.M.H.W. 08.15.12

Just got back from having dinner with The Wife.  Too busy today to plan anything.  We had someone come and see our fabulous foster Fay (Snappy alliteration there, huh?), I ran to the tailor to have my five new pairs of pants hemmed, had a full day of work and we have one of Tab's longtime friends coming to live with us for a while, so there is  much to do.  It's a wonder I have time to do this, but I welcome the chance to sit and jot down a few things.  Let's see what's in my head this Wednesday, halfway through August.  Then it's time to vacuum.  Busy, busy, busy...

Back Back to Normal 
After the weekend's back issues, things seem to have gotten back to normal.  I feel really good actually.  I'm ready to return to Crossfit training on Thursday.  He is going to put me through some paces with Olympic style weight maneuvers.  My trainer is often so complimentary about how quickly I pick things up and correct little details.  He always tells me, as I exit, how well I am doing.  You have to wonder if it is part of his weight-side manner or if I am just that quick a study.  Either way I like it there.  I really do look forward to going back and pushing myself.  I'll be a little extra careful tomorrow, just to be sure I am not moving too quick after the back pain.

Walking
Time for a confession.  There are many times I write the blog with good intentions of walking between writing and bed.  Too often it doesn't happen.  Last night I had those good intentions.  They never came to pass.  I always want to be on the up-and-up with all of you, so know that I never am inclined to dupe anyone.  I'm ever the optimist. There have been number of times when I've already "gone to press" and my optimism got the best of me.  Don't think less of me.

Kevin
Kevin made a confession of his own to me last night.  He's a good friend and he reads this blog, so he gains even extra points.  He told me last night that he is secretly avoiding any interim pictures I post of myself, so that ''the next time we hugged, it was as big a reveal for me as possible..."  I think that is so cool!  Things like this spur me one and give me a boost.  I love that he gives it that much thought.  Does anyone else feel that way?  Should I not chronicle those little milestones with pictures?  If so, I can hold off posting anymore until much farther down the road.  Thanks for reading, Kev!

10,000
Congratulations to whichever reader is from Fort Meyers, Florida.  You were the 10,000th page view of this blog earlier today.  I do have some code embedded in these pages that tell me where readers come from, which is how I provide some of the factoids I throw out here and there.  It's so mind boggling to me that there have been that many pageloads in the these six months.  I know some bloggers get that in a day, but they are famous to some extent.  It's just 'not-so-little ole me' and I am humbled by the traffic we get here.  You may get tired of hearing it, but thanks to all who take the time to check in on me.  You rock!

Cya Thursday (perhaps Friday morning),
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Multi Bran Chex cereal w/fresh fruit, toasted pecans and almond milk
Lunch ~ Whole grain pasta w/marinara and a bit of chicken
Dinner ~ Chicken w/artichokes, sun dried tomatoes and roasted peppers in a balsamic glaze, plus a lightly dressed side salad.  Oh...and a couple pieces of bread.
Exercise ~ Probably none.  If I am better than that, I'll crow about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment