Sunday, August 12, 2012

A.L.O.E. 08.12.12

It's a quiet Sunday night and the house is empty, except the three pups strewn around my feet.  It's time to jot down a few thoughts about my observations and thoughts on this whole weight loss process.  It's what we call A.L.O.E....A Little Of Everything.


Back Out
It's been a while since it's happened. It didn't happen during exercise.  It didn't happen lugging anything heavy.  My back had an explosion of pain while I was putting a dog's bowl into the sink.  Really?  I've had this happen from doing too much yard work and once even bending over clearing the paper out of a copier jam.  When I woke up this morning I felt much better.  That was until I flipped on the light in the kitchen to feed the dogs.  BAM!  Same spot, same pain.  I think the dogs are conspiring to get me down on the floor to their level.  This morning's pain drove me down on one knee.  Damn sneaky dogs.

Guest Blog Spot
I've been offered a guest writing opportunity on a blog called Balanced Peanut.  It's written by a woman who lives a balanced and healthy lifestyle and would like to share her story with others.  She puts up recipes, tells of her healthy eating regimen and posts recipes.  Sound familiar?  We're a good fit to cross-promote our  sites.  Please support Erin in her blog and look for my story on her pages some time soon.  It's a honor to be asked and I hope she will grace these pages as well.  Go to balancedpeanut.com to see what she is about.

Stalled and Frustrated
Last Monday, when I posted a slight gain, it really didn't bother me.  I'm all about honesty here, so I will be perfectly honest in telling you that if the scale doesn't move tomorrow morning, I'm going to be one unhappy camper.  I know perfectly well that the body will do what it wants when it wants.  My dietary path has been steady and true these past few weeks since I passed the 300-lb. mark.  I am hoping with all my being that the scale gods don't F with me in the morning.  I guess you will all find out tomorrow night. Unless, of course, it doesn't go well and in that case, if you live within a five mile radius of my house, you may hear my screaming around 8:30AM.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi Go Lean Crisp w/banana and almond milk
Lunch ~ Onion soup and 1/2 a veggie sandwich
Snack ~ carrots and hummus
Dinner ~ "Kitchen Sink" Spaghetti: a bunch of leftovers made into a pasta dish, like grilled eggplant, garlic cauliflower, rotisserie chicken mixed into jarred marinara over whole grain thin spaghetti.  Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment