Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WIMHW 08.08.12

What's In My Head this Wednesday?  Ohhhh, plenty I suppose.  It's the time of week when I start thinking about the weekend and everything I have to get accomplished before close of business on Friday.  Conference calls, customer visits, a customer lunch and day-to-day stuff that keeps me pretty occupied.  Yet I still have time to think about food and my eating.  I guess that will never change.

Working Out is Working Out Fine
I had session #3 with the trainer last night.  Ryan is very encouraging and I greatly appreciate that.  I never feel inadequate, despite the fit and slim that surrounded me.  He pushes me to the point that I can't do much more, but is mindful not to press so hard that I will do damage.  I never thought that using little or no weights could get the muscles so engaged.  My right thigh was screaming when I got home last night from squats with a 10 lb. medicine ball, but in a good way.  Today I recovered pretty well.  I was expecting a lot more muscle ache.  So far, so good.  I'm digging the Crossfit.

Thanks Marcelle!
One of my readers suggested that I try Ebay for some new or gently used clothes.  I did just that.  I managed to pick up 5 pairs of pants for around $85, including shipping.  It will probably cost me another $25 for alterations, but I won't complain about that.  At around $22 a pair, who would?  Thanks for the tip, Marcelle!

Reading On Food
Since I got a Kindle Fire a month or two ago, I have been scanning various sources for articles, all regarding food, fitness and weight-loss.  I also subscribed to a trial membership of Bon Apetit Magazine.  Aside from being extremely well laid out and having stunning images, I was taken by the fact that Bon Apetit has plenty of articles and recipes that fit my lifestyle or can be easily adapted to do so.  It's comforting that the idea of good food not having to be rich, fat-laden, highbrow cuisine, but healthy, seasonal and simple fare is going more mainstream.  I encourage all of you who enjoy cooking to look to all sources for inspiration.  You will be surprised at what you find.  Right now I see much of what is in print dedicated to summer vegetables and fruit.  I will be reporting on a few of the finds which I plan to make, like watermelon gazpacho and corn soup.

Cya Tomorrow,
M

What I ate and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ 1 egg and chicken sausage on whole grain bread
Lunch ~ Sweet potato falafel on 1/2 a whole grain pita w/silken tofu tsasiki sauce.  I'll post the recipe sometime soon.
Snack ~ About 1 oz. of beef jerky
Dinner ~ TBD
Exercise ~ It's a nice night.  I think I will take foster dog Fay for a walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment