Thursday, August 23, 2012

Food Thursday: 08.23.12

To say that I am tired right now would be an understatement.  Tomorrow I will be hosting about a dozen college friends, some of which I haven't seen in over twenty five years.  As you know, entertaining is something I love to do, yet it is a quite a chore.  Today I got the backyard in shape.  That meant trimming bushes, lugging and throwing down over twenty 56 lb. bags of mulch, giving the grill a thorough cleaning inside and out, cleaned off the patio, swept up and mowed the lawn.  Today is supposed to be about the food though.  Let's get to it, now that the backyard looks fabulous.

This may all sound familiar.  I know and I am sorry.  The fatigue is keeping me from getting too creative here tonight.  I'll use this space as my checklist for the menu tomorrow night.  I've served all these dishes before, but my audience is new and I hope they like the healthy spin I put on the food I find delicious.  Here is the menu for the party.  I have yet to start any of this  Friday is going to be another marathon.

Appetizers
crudites and homemade red pepper hummus
watermelon and pesto salad w/fat free feta
home brewed decaf mint iced tea

Dinner
skirt steak
grilled chicken thighs w/Dijon and rosemary
four bean and whole grain pasta salad
green tossed salad w/balsamic and basil dressing

I hope everyone enjoys the meal and doesn't see it as diet food. Thanks for letting me thinly disguise my 'to do' list as a blog post.

Cya next time,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Kashi Go Lean cereal w/fresh blueberries, banana, toasted pecans and almond milk
Lunch ~ A fried egg and lean ham sandwich on a whole grain pita and some leftover spinach and cannelini beans
Afternoon snack ~ one pluot
Dinner ~ 6oz. of  steak, some pickles, brown rice and a well deserved pint of black and tan
Exercise ~ 8 hours in the yard and sun has me covered for a few days

No comments:

Post a Comment