Saturday, August 25, 2012

Good Times

What a great time with my college friends last night.  I'm getting better at managing things when entertaining and being able to spend quality time with my guests and still provide a fun evening with good food.  There were old stories, new insights into our lives and tons of laughter to remind me why I drew close to these individuals so many years ago.

The food seemed to hit the mark.  Once everyone hit the buffet table, a hush came over the small crowd while people enjoyed their plates.  The hummus and the chicken seemed to be the standouts of the evening.  Not everyone tried the watermelon salad, but one review was "This is bangin!"  

I have to go out and take inventory of all the beer left behind, but I am sure I'm fully stocked until the next gathering.  Other than that, we're pretty much cleaned up and I am left with a very clean house and well manicured backyard in which to relax.

As for my food intake, I enjoyed two beers and a scotch by the fire pit.  I sampled everything there was to offer and didn't over do it too much.  I'm pretty sure that the fifteen, or so, hours I put in preparing the festivities burned considerable calories.  I'm thinking the worst case scenario is a draw in burned versus consumed.  We'll see what shakes out on Monday.

Cya,
M

What I ate Friday and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ 1 Egg McMuffin and a decaf 
Lunch ~ A chicken sandwich on a multi-grain roll w/buffalo sauce and cucumber
Dinner ~ hummus w/pretzels/carrots and multi-grain chips, watermelon salad, whole grain pasta and bean salad, Dijon rosemary chicken, steak, green salad and the above mentioned beverages.  Oh.  And I tasted Diane's delicious trifle.  About a quarter cup's worth.
Exercise ~ 7 hours of prep work for the party, both in the kitchen and outside 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog, Mike.....and I am inspired by you! Not only do I support you in this endeavor, but I hope to be influenced to make healthy changes along with you! It was awesome to see you last night, and I am so glad that we re-connected! You can feed me your style of diet food anytime you want! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Terri. You and Dan are welcome anytime.

    ReplyDelete