Thursday, September 12, 2013

Damn You, Steak!

Okay.  I've told the world I was staying away from red meat.  I've had it three times in the last nine days.  If this were the major leagues, I'd be batting .666 and win a batting title.  Unfortunately, here in TDT19land it's just sad.  I had lunch today with my best friend Doug at the iconic NJ diner, Tic Tock.  I went in with the intention of having a Greek salad.  On the specials there was steak on Greek salad.  Without thinking, I ordered it.  It was good.  I ate half.  There's my disclosure.  So sue me.  I made up for it at dinner and yes, I drew the cow.

I was finally able to harvest enough cherry tomatoes to actually do something with them, other than eat two or three right off the vine. Dinner tonight was vegetarian in light of the lunch scenario.  What you see here is an all roasted, warm salad of cauliflower, eggplant and my wee little tomatoes, tossed in basil (from my garden) vinaigrette.  Very delicious and very satisfying.

Cya on Friday the 13th,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Cereal and banana w/almond milk
Lunch ~ Pea soup and the steak Greek Salad
Dinner ~ See above
Exercise ~ For the first day since I started, I didn't get in any exercise. I'll double up some day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment