Friday, September 6, 2013

Man... Stuff Goes Downhill Fast

It's been two and a half months since I did the 5k Foamfest thing.  Did I mention that I did completed that?  We've been apart. Forgive me.  Yes.  I completed the 5k obstacle course back in June and I will fill you in on that one day soon.  I'll even throw in some video from the camera I wore.  The point is that since then I slipped back into bad habits and that includes not exercising.  So now when I do exercise it royally kicks my ass.  I guess we need to ease back into it.  I will keep my bravado in check and still do at least 300 calories a day worth of exercise, but it will just take a little longer than I like.

The other night I planned on doing a 3-mile walking video.  I got through 2 miles before I needed to stop.  Tonight I jumped on the dreadmill and, while I did manage to do over 2 miles and burn over 300 calories, it also was also 35 minutes of suckdom.  Slow your roll, Michael.  You ain't in great shape yet.  Hell!  You aren't in fair shape.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Cereal w/almond milk and coffee with fat-free 1/2 & 1/2
Lunch ~ Leftover eggplant and kale from last night's dinner
Snack ~ I was jonesing for something sweet and opted for a FiberOne bar
Dinner ~ A monster spinach salad w/a can of solid white albacore, carrots, peppers and homemade roasted garlic vinaigrette.  
Exercise ~ The above mentioned 35 minutes of dreadmill suckdom.

1 comment:

  1. There is no exercise I detest more than running. Even completing 4 sprint triatholon's, I never mastered the running part.. usually walked most of it.. Keep plugging away Mike, anything is better than nothing!
    mary ann

    ReplyDelete