Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Home Stretch Reboot: The Final Drive

What has two thumbs and is an asshole? This guy. That's what.  I hear a number of you out there saying "Finally!  He figured that one out."  Hopefully, there are enough of you in my life that say "No, Mike. You're no asshole."  Well, we all strive to minimize our asshole quotient, but when we fail to do so, best to fess up and move on.  So why all the self-deprecation? Here is why:

It's been months since I wrote.  The reason I stopped was largely because it turned into a job and I wasn't enjoying it all that much.  A more likely reason is that my food addiction, aka "The Devil on My Shoulder" wants me to fail.  What I cast away was much more valuable than the free time I gained back.  I threw away all of you, and with it, my accountability.  The point of this whole project was to include the world in my quest and maximize the eyes holding me to my goal.  I was good for a while since we last met here, but on the whole I have slipped back into some bad habits and have definitely put some weight back on. Asshole. 

So how much weight did I gain back since I last checked in with minus 103 lbs. at 260 lbs. or so?  I don't know.  And I will never know. Understanding myself as well as I do, if I were to step on a scale today I would get too discouraged to want to restart this and hit my target 195 lbs.  So I will wait.  Wait until October 1st to do the weekly weigh-ins once again.  By then I should have gotten my stride back and my head fully extracted from my buttocks.  I am actually excited to get back on track and see the progress resume.  I will need to be patient to see those results though.  Set myself up for success.

So what can you expect from the blog from now on?  What will be different?  One thing you can expect is a daily edition.  I will once again write seven days a week until my birthday on January 12, 2014.  The posts will be much briefer and will mostly be a diary of the day, including the daily meals and exercise, just as before.  I will be posting at different times of the day, depending on my schedule.  Before I was posting between 7PM and 9PM to gain maximum readership.  The readership numbers are less important to me this time around.  Those who want to follow my journey will find me.  I'll just promise to check in sometime before bed each night.  

Many of you have reached out to me over the last few months, asking me to return to the blog.  I thank you deeply for your interest, concern and encouragement.  I am back, folks.  I hope you'll join me for the ride!

Cya next time,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ A green smoothie with kale, broccoli, red pepper, carrot, almond milk and 1/2 a frozen.  It was pretty gross.  I choked it down anyway.  I was over-zealous in my new resolve by including so much greenery.
Lunch ~ A can of organic chicken soup and some left over sauteed spinach.
Dinner ~ Pan-seared tilapia over a spinach salad with homemade roasted garlic vinaigrette.
Exercise ~ About a 1.25 mile walk with The Wife.

7 comments:

  1. I am back for the ride, Little Brother... maybe not every day, but certainly to check in on you when I can... and, as before, I wish you success with this. Good Luck! --Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success is never a straight line to the top. I am still "all in" my friend and will support you on this continued journey to 195!--Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not an asshole. You faltered and are coming back. That makes you a good person who holds himself accountable! I think you are doing a great job and will continue to read every post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike,
    1st, let me say you're not an asshole, you're human. You've had a long hard journey to date and the fact that you are "back on the wagon" now is admirable. Actually coming back and trying again is superhuman!
    We're all here to support you. Get back on track.. I hope to get the motivation to do something myself!
    Good Luck!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not an asshole. You're human. I'm with you!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'mon Mike. Get over the self immolation and flagellation. You're more an asshole for thinking you're an asshole than for getting distracted over the last few months. You got off track, so what? Now's the chance to get back to it. If you spent as much time working your program as you do calling yourself an asshole, you'd be below weight by now. Onward! Eric of Zipf

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may be an asshole, that's not for me to say. If you are, though, it is not because you stumbled. We all do that. The important thing is that you got up and are determined to reach your goal. Hang in there, brother.

    ReplyDelete