Monday, September 16, 2013

Recipes

While I am fairly certain that the vast majority of my recipes that I have published here have never been tried by a reader, I do know that, on occasion, I get positive feedback on a creation I have posted. More often, I get positive reviews from people that actually try a dish that I have made myself and served to them.  It's a great ego boost to know people are truly enjoying something healthy that I have created. Feeding people is a very personal and gratifying connection that means the world to me.  

My cousin John is one of my most ardent supporters.  He actively reads the blog, asks questions and makes comments.  He asked me the other day if there was a link somewhere to all of the recipes that I have posted.  Unfortunately there is not, yet I think there needs to be. Once in a while I do have a reader tell me they tried a recipe and loved it (Megan, have you made that eggplant stew again?) or tell me they would buy a cookbook if and when I wrote one (Thanks, Joan!)  I will go one better for now.  I will find a way to link the dozens of recipes that I have developed into an easily navigable page.  Perhaps that will help spread the word that these recipes aren't just healthy, but delicious.  Of course, we all think something we have created is good.  That ownership adds a few points to approval rating of anything we bring to being.  I hope that I am objective enough to trust my palate and be honest with my assessment.  

Ego plays a very small part in this plan.  I'd like to get some honest feedback and field testing on the recipes.  Sometime soon I will link all of those concoctions together and give you all a virtual cookbook.  Once I do, please take some time out to make a recipe or two and let me know what you think.  If nothing else, you'll put a smile on my face.

Cya tomorrow from a hotel room in Philly,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Cereal w/almond milk
Lunch ~ Protein Bistro Box and a Starbucks Decaf Skinny Caramel Macchiato
Dinner ~ Chili
Exercise ~ Heading to the gym to try out an elliptical.  

2 comments: