Friday, September 13, 2013

What a Difference a Few Days Make

I had a hell of a time getting around the lake just a few days ago.  I had to take a break, my muscles ached, and I was winded.  Tonight after dinner I set out to conquer Lake Parsippany all the same. Once I hit the one-mile mark, at around fifteen minutes, I was surprised at how "not bad" I felt.  I could never say I felt "good" after walking a mile, so I will say I felt particularly "not bad".  

I thought I would take a breather at this bench I like that overlooks the lake at one and a half miles.  Nope.  Still feeling like I can plow through. And so I did.  I did the whole 2.5-mile route in exactly 45 minutes.  That is damn near the best ever.  A far cry from the last time.  By my best estimate, that burned at least 420 calories.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ One egg and 1 oz. of lean ham on a multi-grain sandwich round
Lunch ~ One can of Progresso Lite Chicken Noodle Soup
Snack ~ One banana
Dinner ~ This here looks like many dinner photos I have posted in TDT195.  It is tilapia over spinach and canellini beans with a tomato lemon basil sauce.  The reason you see this so often is that it is easy and one of my favorites.
Exercise ~ 2.5 miles at 3.3MPH

No comments:

Post a Comment