Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mike? Mike? Mike? What Day Is It?

It's Hump Day!  Is anyone else tired of that already?  I like the commercial, but I hear people every Wednesday saying the above words.  Now I am guilty of the same thing for the sake of a cheap and easy title for today's blog.

I'm feeling pretty good about my efforts so far.  I will be changing up my exercise routine by re-joining the local YMCA.  The one in Mountain Lakes NJ is quite nice.  I'd like to get some weight training in and develop muscle mass.  My understanding is that when I finally go for my surgery to remove the excess hanging skin, lean toned muscles will not only make the surgery go easier, but recovery quicker and my appearance much better.  The months ahead will be the hardest I've worked at this so far.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Cereal w/banana and almond milk.  Coffee
Lunch ~ Turkey, mustard and pickles on a multi-grain sandwich round.
Dinner ~ Here you see is a one-pan meal that I whipped up on the fly.  It was supposed to be chicken and cashew lettuce cups, but the cashews in the fridge miraculously turned into almonds. Call the Enquirer!  It's a miracle!  I paired it with broccoli.
Exercise ~ 2 mile Sansone walking video.  By my estimates, these burn anywhere between 350 and 400 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment