Saturday, September 14, 2013

Early Saturday Pre-Gig Blog

Hiya, kids.  It's a very lazy Saturday and I slept in late and I've been a couch potato all day.  I was going to go check out a local gym or two, but tomorrow is another day.  I need some veg out time.  I visited the local Y the other day only to find out that it is much more expensive than I remember.  For about half as much I can join LA Fitness or, for even less, Planet Fitness.  I'll be sure to take care of that on Sunday. 

Tonight we have a gig at our new favorite place, Shenanigans.  It's a nice, smallish Irish bar/restaurant where the regulars, mostly in their 50's, enjoy oldies.  We are more than happy to oblige.  Last time we were there, we did the whole three hours straight without a break.  It was that much fun.  That was a first for us.  Nothing better than soused middle-aged folks dancing and singing along.  I'll work off a bunch of calories being roadie, performer and sound tech tonight so that will serve as my workout.

Tomorrow I will make a big batch of my turkey chili to enjoy while watching some football.  We'll let you know how it turns out.

Cya then,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Cereal w/almond milk and 1/2 a banana
Lunch ~ A Fiber One bar and a salad w/butter lettuce, avocado, tomato, canellini beans, toasted pumpkin seeds and my Spicy Chipotle-Lime Dressing only made with lemon out of necessity.
Dinner ~ TBD, but I am thinking either a veggie burger or a salmon burger.
Exercise ~ 3 hours of performing tonight, plus lugging around the equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment