Thursday, September 5, 2013

Daily Report: 09.05.13

Let's see if we can make this the first exercise in brevity.  Here's a snapshot of my day and how I fared in my quest for clean living.  All in all it was a pretty good day.  Admittedly, I felt like shite yesterday morning and I am thinking it might have been a touch of detox from all of the crap I have been taking in.  Today I felt real good.  For the past few weeks I have felt like I was tightly packed into the newer clothes I purchased over the last few months.  Today I finally didn't feel like the Michelin Man.

I ate very well today, got my exercise in and I'm feeling good about myself.  Who could ask for anything more?

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Nature's Path Ancient Grains w/almond milk and coffee with fat-free 1/2 & 1/2.
Lunch ~ Garden Burger Chipotle Black Bean burger on a multi-grain sandwich round w/ketchup.
Mid-Afternoon ~ Coffee with a milk and a touch of cinnamon.
Dinner ~ Pictured here is my dinner that came in just a hair over 300 calories. Made with several ingredients from my fridge that I classified as "Use or Lose", it is grilled eggplant w/a smattering of fat-free feta and marinara sauce. Accompanying the eggplant was kale sauteed with onion, garlic and red pepper flakes, mixed with the same marinara.  Overall, not a bad effort for a fridge raid dinner.  Certainly healthy and there are leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Exercise ~ About a 35-minute brisk walk with The Wife.
*Note from yesterday's blog ~ I didn't make it through the whole 3 mile walking video.  I did over two miles and, by my estimate, burned over 450 calories, far exceeding my 300-per-day goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment