Thursday, September 19, 2013

I've Got No Strings

I joined a gym and went for the first time last Sunday.  The plan is to go three days per week and walk the rest.  So Sunday I figured I would try the elliptical.  As much as I hate the dreadmill, the elliptical seemed like a great alternative.  I would see people gliding like gazelles, effortlessly melting away the pounds.  What I found is that it is far from effortless and I am thinking that Torquemada would've had a much easier time at The Inquisition if he threw the non-believers on these torture devices.  If you haven't "ellipted" before, it’s like trying to run while squatting.  You would think that using your arms on the ski pole thingies would help you get through, but you only wind up looking like an epileptic marionette with an agonized look on its face. The strain on your leg muscles is intense.  I lasted maybe 10 minutes.  It will be a while before I try the elliptic-hell again.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ 2 scrambled eggs with a spoonful of chili on top
Lunch ~ A can of Progresso Light Chick Noodle Soup
Snack ~ Fiber One bar
Dinner Rotisserie chicken and a side salad

Exercise ~ A 30 minute circuit of Cybex and stepping that I will explain in a later blog

No comments:

Post a Comment