Sunday, September 8, 2013

Soup Bowl Sunday

When the weather starts to get cooler my thoughts turn to soups.  I love soup.  If I had a kid, I'd name him or her Bacon Soup Accardi. Maybe Soup Bacon instead to avoid confusion over whether it was bacon soup as opposed to bacon AND soup... plus having the initials BS would kinda suck.

Pictured here is tonight's dinner.  Tab and I love crab, so it was worth getting some good stuff.  Above is a Savannah-Style Crab Soup and this extremely satisfying, creamy bowlful you see before you has only 135 calories per bowl.  That's not a typo.  135.  It's loaded with lump crab meat and is chock full of vegetables.  If you click the link above you will be told it has 151 calories and 5g fat per serving.  I made some minor mods and it had 135 calories and less than 4g of fat.  I had two bowls without any guilt.

This week also look for these gems in my meal log, all courtesy of Cooking Light and MyRecipes.com.
Thai Shrimp Bisque
Savory Beet Soup
And a non-soup dish, if my cherry tomatoes decide to ripen: Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes.

Cya tomorrow,
M

What I ate today and how I exercised:
Breakfast ~ Ancient Grains Granola w/almond milk and my morning coffee
Lunch ~ A large salad w/butter lettuce, carrots, roasted red pepper, celery, a can of solid white albacore and a great new dressing I concocted: Dijon Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette.  Look for the recipe soon.
Snack ~ Smoothie with frozen banana, PB2 and almond milk.
Dinner ~ See above
Exercise ~ Even though it was not as easy as it was just a couple months ago, I walked around our lake: 2.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment